Next: Knowledge Base Maintenance
Up: Learning by Taking Advice
Previous: Learning by Taking Advice
The following steps summarise this method:
- -- This can be simple question asking about general advice or
more complicated by identifying shortcomings in the knowledge base and asking
for a remedy.
- -- Translate the advice into an internal representation.
- -- Translated advice may still not be usable so this
stage seeks to provide a representation that can be used by the performance
- -- When knowledge is added to the knowledge base care must be
taken so that bad side-effects are avoided.
E.g. Introduction of redundancy
- -- The system must assess the new knowledge for errors,
The steps can be iterated.