Next: AI Key Concepts -
Up: Artificial Intelligence II -
Previous: Further reading
- Try to figure what basic AI processes would be involved in the following:
- Translating English sentences into, say, Japanese.
- Teaching a child to subtract integers.
- Solving a crossword puzzle.
- Scan through The Handbook of AI volumes or some recent AI journal pick a
survey of a given topic (e.g. some expert system, vision, planning,
robotics etc.) and
- analyse what basic AI processes are involved.
- determine to which application domains they can/have be employed in.
- determine the current state of understanding of the topic.
- compare the current state of understanding to normal human abilities.