Next: Semantic Nets
Up: Weak Slot and Filler
Previous: Weak Slot and Filler
- It enables attribute values to be retrieved quickly
are indexed by the entities
- binary predicates are indexed by first argument.
E.g. team(Mike-Hall , Cardiff).
- Properties of relations are easy to describe .
- It allows ease of consideration as it embraces aspects of object oriented
So called because:
- A slot is an attribute value pair in its simplest form.
- A filler is a value that a slot can take -- could be a numeric,
string (or any data type) value or a pointer to another slot.
- A weak slot and filler structure does not consider the content
of the representation.
We will study two types: