Next: Cable Company Solutions
Up: Solutions under Experiment
Previous: Solutions under Experiment
ADSL (Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line) by Bell Atlantic:
- Wireless Cable
- Remotely, signals transmitted via satellites at 4 GHz.
Regionally, from mountain-top towers at 2.1-2.7 GHz microwave band,
with a total of 33 analog 6 MHz channels.
- Itself addresses the bandwidth problem, not interactive
- FTTC (Fiber To The Curb)
- Optical fiber to each residential neighborhood, terminating
in ONU (Optical Network Unit).
- Each ONU supports up to 16 copper local loops that can run
full-duplex T1 or T2 for MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 respectively.
- FTTH (Fiber To The Home)
- BERLU (Broadband Enhanced Remote Line Unit) - SONET-based VOD
developed by GTE in Cerritos, California
- High capacity broadband switches - multiple of 51.84 Mbps