Professor P.L. Rosin
Professor of Computer Vision
Computer Science & Informatics,
5 The Parade, Roath,
Cardiff CF24 3AA, UK
Phone: +44 (0) 29 20875585
Fax: +44 (0) 29 20874598
Extension Number: 75585
Room Number: S/2.18a
Personal home page
My research interests are based in computer vision, with current particular interests in 2D and 3D facial models, shape analysis and mesh processing. I also am (or have been) interested in a range of topics in the field such as cellular automata, approximating and representing curves, methods for performance evaluation and low level image processing. I am also active in processing biological, geophysical, remote sensing, and art/architectural data.
Current & Recent Research Projects
- High definition X-ray microtomography and advanced visualisation techniques for information recovery from unopened historical documents, EPSRC.
- RIVIC: One Wales Research Institute for Visual Computing, HEFCW.
- Realistic shape from shading, EPSRC.
- Lost Visions: Retrieving the visual element of printed books from the nineteenth century, AHRC.
- Improvements in and relating to animation techniques, Gritty Realism Productions Ltd.
From the ORCA Repository: