Professor R.M. Whitaker
College Dean of Research
Professor of Mobile and Biosocial Computing
Computer Science & Informatics,
5 The Parade, Roath,
Cardiff CF24 3AA, UK
Extension Number: 76999
Room Number: N/2.17
Personal home page
I am interested in post-PC computing, social networks and human behaviour. In particular I focus on:
- Human behaviour in social networks and the extending role of smartphones;
- Exploring social concepts such as co-operation for application in decentralised systems;
- Wireless network design and deployment for smart cities and smart societies.
Earlier in my career I also published in discrete mathematics.
Current & Recent Research Projects
- Gigamobile: Gigabit mobile networking using incentivised operator controlled device-to-device communications, EPSRC (via Queens University Belfast).
- Using the smartphone to monitor mood states, Wellcome Trust.
From the ORCA Repository: