The School has a global reputation for its strong and dynamic research culture. In the latest Research Assessment Exercise 60% of our research has been deemed 'outstanding' for its impact in terms of its reach and significance.
Cardiff University is a member of the Russell Group of Britain’s leading research universities.
Excellence in teaching
Our multidisciplinary research shapes our degree programmes, making them relevant to today’s employers and well placed to take advantage of tomorrow’s developments. In the most recent UK Teaching and Quality Assessment exercise, our teaching was awarded the highest rating.
We believe professional accreditation is important, BCS, The Charted Institute for IT regularly reviews our single honours undergraduate and all postgraduate degree programmes.
The School is housed in a multi-million pound building in the centre of Cardiff. We have five dedicated multi-platform teaching laboratories, as well as state of the art teaching and seminar rooms.
The majority of our teaching labs are accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You may register your own network capable devices to take advantage of the pervasive WiFi service that covers the University campus.
We pride ourselves on offering a comprehensive support structure to ensure good student/staff relationships.
When you arrive you will be assigned a member of staff to act as your personal tutor. Dedicated Professional Tutors are also on hand to advise you and respond to any matters and are backed up by the University’s many student support services.
Employment prospects for our graduates in the computing and ICT industry are excellent, with recent statistics indicating that the vast majority are following their chosen career paths within six months of graduating. Our graduates are also equipped with the transferable skills that open doors to careers in all sectors of economy.
The Cardiff experience
Cardiff University is recognised in independent government assessments as one of Britain’s leading teaching and research universities.
As an undergraduate you will join a community of 27,000 students. You will have access to multi-million pound facilities as well as one of the biggest and most successful Students’ Unions in Britain.
- BSc Applied Software Engineering delivered at The National Software Academy in Newport
- BSc Business Information Systems including a year in industry option.
- BSc Computer Science including a year in industry option.
- BSc Computer Science with High Performance Computing including a year in industry option.
- BSc Computer Science with Security and Forensics including a year in industry option.
- BSc Computer Science with Visual Computing including a year in industry option.
- BSc Software Engineering including a year in industry option.
- BSc Joint Honours Computing & Mathematics including a year in industry option.
MSc Computational Journalism (in collaboration with the School of Journalism, Media and Cultural Studies)